Producer Licensing Information
PIA recommends that licensed agents and adjusters visit the
Louisiana Department of Insurance's website for up to date
information on licensing and renewals.
Louisiana Continuing Education Requirements for Renewals:
When to File:
- P&C and L&H agents are required to complete 24 hours of continuing
education every other year. Included in the above 24 should be 3 hours
of Ethics and 3 hours of Flood specific topics.
To renew your license, please visit the
Industry Access Portal.
- P&C licenses on the last day of the birth month of the producer in the
odd number years.
- L&H licenses expire on the last day of the birth month of the producer
in the even number years.
- Joint license holders follow the primary license requirement.
- adjuster licenses expire on the last day of the birth month of the
adjuster in the odd number years.